Friday, June 19, 2015

Gratitude of the Day, #1

GOTD:  the practice of yin yoga under Stephen Bison's mindful direction.  

Yin is about so much more than just holding a pose for longer than usual.  It's more meditative, encourages reflexion, contemplation, and working within oneself to grow and transform within the mind and spirit.  

Stephen has a gift - to be able to effectively convey, inspire, and nurture these ideas through his calming, authentic personality and interesting analogies and metaphors shared during practice.

Today, I want to make note of his crab and monkey stories, illustrating the importance of letting go of attachments.  I hope that I'll be able to remember them when I feel discomfort in releasing my own, internal attachments that weigh down my spirit.  Thank you, Stephen, for being a lighthouse for your yogis.

If you'd like to read more about Stephen, his yoga practice, and his inspiring words, check out his blog here:  http://busybuffalos.com/

Namaste, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly