Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas-"E" thoughts...

Kinda sad after dropping Everett off at school this morning.  As much as I know my ears need the few hours of quiet, and as much as I know this afternoon's regularly-scheduled, loud chaos will have me thinking otherwise, that little stinker really gets to me.  He's such a ham, and just quick as a whip.  And SO excited that "Carter" (our Elf) arrived last night.
I had forgotten how excited Everett gets about having Carter around.  He woke me up, telling me that he's talked to Carter, sat in the living room with Carter, just watching him...and then, he ate breakfast in the middle of the living room floor.  Just eating and staring at Carter on the mantel.  Well, with talking, of course.
Everett pondered whether Carter had a hidden camera...he asked if Daddy or I had ever seen Carter move...he asked lots of questions about elves in general, and somehow - even though Everett was very childlike in his nature - he also struck me as very mature, reasoning, and thoughtful.  In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, this is how Everett is normally.  I think it's just a bit easier to observe in these specific situations.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly