Thursday, January 10, 2013

STOMP.

Sooooo, it's kinda been a while since I last posted on my blog.  Yeah..."a while" seems a bit of an understatement.  But, 2012 was an "ohmygodwhatarewedoingthisiscrazystressful" kind of year.

We put our house on the market in May (or June?), sold in August, closed on it a couple days after the kids started at NEW schools.  Yep, there's a lot of change goin' on in the last sentence.  Throw in the fact that Richard's work was busier than ever, we had to find a home to rent (because we didn't know exactly) where we wanted to be in this new area; just that we wanted to be somewhere different; and then move, adjust to new surroundings, realize that our thought of wanting something smaller may have been a mistake, help the kids adjust to new surroundings, and deal with our own emotional issues regarding this move.  And about this last point:  I don't think that Richard or I really understood how emotionally attached we were to our previous home.  It would make sense, though - we built that house, moved in when Jillian was a year and a half, had Everett when we were living there, etc.  True, it's just a house, but it became a home to our family.

Don't get me wrong - we don't regret moving - BUT, it wasn't easy.  At all.  I had a craft room with french doors, for God's sake!  We're constantly challenging ourselves in this new house with almost daily "Tim Gunn 'Make It Work' Moments."  Case in point:  the new craft room is theoretically a dining room.  Hubby found some awesome window panels to create a more walled-off effect to the room and that has really helped.  And, it's right off the teeny-tiny kitchen, so that's kinda nice.  

Annnnnnyway.  Perhaps I'll supply more, random detail on the new living space if I keep up with the blog as well as I hope to...

But, suffice it to say, I've labeled this recent period in our lives as having been marked with a BIG "STOMP."  

In light of that, I created this birthday card for Richard, last week.  I may or may not have also been heavily influenced by my children's constant noise, etc. when I was trying to think of what I might want to make him...if you're a follower of my Facebook page, you'll remember me mentioning this.  ;)

So there ya have it.  Who knows if all of what I wrote makes sense, but I actually worked on the content, phrasing, and formatting for a verrrrrry long time, much longer than the actual card-making part of it.  He got his birthday card 2 days after the actual event.  Ooops.  

What d'y'all think?  What types of things would you like to read about on my blog?  I'm probably going to do my best to document my various creations, and I'm certain this will inevitably include tales from my unique version of Mommyhood...now also known as "stomps."  


So bring on the STOMPS and bring on the feedback, y'all!  I love it!

With hugs and creative vibes sent your way,
me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly